Need to lift yourself up a tad? Try laughter!
Laughter is healthy, bringing with it an immune response, endorphins, happy chemicals, muscles working, and good old fashioned good mood.
These 15 reasons are sourced from http://www.healinglaughter.org (provider of my Laughter Wellness Certificate).
- Sven Svebak – 54,000 Norwegians studied and it was found that adults who have a sense of humor live longer.
- People with severe illness have 31% increased survival rate if they have a sense of humor.
- Ohio study says a more positive view cause almost 7.8 years in increased lifespan.
- Much like juggling, laughter stimulates both sides of the brain, increasing clarity, creativity and more.
- Make sure you laugh with your kids! You will help increase their academic performance, creativity, social bonding, and physical stamina!
- Fun is not frivolous, it’s a necessity for life
- Laughter yoga includes: breathing, physical activity, spiritual and physical benefits.
- Laughing is enlightenment!
- Stanford University suggests that one minute of laughter can equal ten minutes on a rowing machine.
- Even if you fake it as Amy Cuddy suggests in her Ted Talk about body language, it can change your life.
- Laughter elevates your pain threshold.
- Laughter decreases stress hormones.
- Laughter stimulates circulation.
- Laughter elevates self-esteem and hope.
- Laughter changes our perception of the world and helps us change what we may see as a threat to what can be seen as a challenge instead.
LAUGHTER IS PLAY, IS LIFE, AND IS IMPORTANT!